Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Your Perfect Place.

Have you found that place?                 
      
That place where you are perfectly calm; perfectly content. 


That place where there are no expectations, no pressure on your                             shoulders; where there is no need for you to take on the world. 


What is that place like? 


Just sit and think about it for a moment. Too many of us get so caught up in the stress of life and forget how to actually live life: how to enjoy it for all its worth. 


I can only ask you this question, because I have been asking myself about this.


As I sit in a cold bedroom, with the wind howling outside my window, I listen to songs that pull at my heart. 


They are what most people would describe as "depressing" songs: Songs that make you want to ask "Why am I here?" 
They are songs that make you think. 


I like songs that make me question myself. That make me question my motives and my inspirations. 


I think everyone has a time in their life when they ask "Wait, where am I?" 


And they don't mean physically. They mean emotionally. They mean, "where am I in this mess of life that I call home?"


Honestly, you are the only one who can answer that question.


It is because of your choices that you are where you are. Ultimately, even if bad things have happened in your life, you cannot simply say "Well, that person played with my heart. It's their fault." 


It was your choice to decide on how to bounce back from that situation.


Did you use it to make you stronger? Bitter? 


Did you use that pain to push on to find your safe place?


The place that I want to call "perfect". 


As close to perfect as you can get on this earth.


What songs are you playing in your life? What songs are helping you push yourself to all that you can be?


Those bad situations that are in my life, because of other people? I am going to take them and use them for the good. 


I will choose to realize my "perfect place", and find time to sit in it.


I will choose not to take on the judgement of others: not to allow all the problems in my life take control of me.


I will choose not to wallow in self-pity. 


Will you choose?


Go, find your perfect place. The place where there is no pain, no sorrow, no feelings at all. 


Just calm. Just you. 









No comments:

Post a Comment