Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Photography by Emmi
Fall. It's an amazing season. Happy and sad (Sad, because it means summer is long gone), both in one. For me, happy that winter is approaching, which brings out (what little there is) the reader in me. It means sitting in front of the fireplace reading a book about an Alaskan Pilot, cuddled in a purple blanket I made in memory of my loving Grandmother, and drinking a good cup-o-joe. 
Photography by Emmi
Taken in Iowa
It's the white noise on a walk in the snow in the late hours of night. 


Via Pinterest


It's that over-sized, fuzzy, warm sweater that you know doesn't complement your figure, but you wear it anyway. 


Via Pinterest




It means we are close to the time of the birth of our Savior, celebrating Christmas. 
It's the hectic Christmas shopping and picking gifts for the ones you love.






    
Photography by Emmi
Taken in Iowa
(Biscotti made by my sweet Sister, Maggie)

It's having friends that we don't get to see very often, come out to the farm and create all manner of good food in the kitchen with my family. 


Come on people, how could you NOT like winter?
(If you say it's too cold, just go get yourself an oversized sweater and suck it up.) 


Today is "one of those days"....cold (yay!), what some people would call "gloomy", rainy, and dull, but I find it to be the nice kind of dull. The kind of dull that makes you want to curl up in bed with something hot to drink and a good book and listen to James Blunt, while a cinnamon-smelling candle is lit and filling up the room with a delicious smell. 
Via Pinterest


Via Pinterest




It's one of those afternoons where you would journal poetic things, or the precious secrets of your heart. 
Photography by Emmi










It's one of those afternoons where I sit at the piano and pretend I can play. 










As I write, I look out the window and see the rain, gently falling, pattering against the far window. 
I think I will sit and watch it fall while I listen to Lifehouse.



A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. 
Oscar Wilde 



Written with love by Emmi

No comments:

Post a Comment